|Investments requiring a permit under section 36 of the MIL||Types of investment under the Rules|
|(a) investment businesses aligned to Myanmar’s strategy||An investment is strategic to Myanmar if:
· it is made in the technology (information, communication, medical, bio or similar technologies), transport infrastructure, energy infrastructure, urban development infrastructure and new cities, natural resources or media sectors and has expected investment value exceeding USD20 million
· it is made pursuant to the grant of a concession, agreement or similar authorisation by an authority and has expected investment value exceeding USD20 million
· it is made in a border region or conflict affected area by foreign investors or in case of Myanmar citizen investors and has expected investment value exceeding USD1 million
· it is made across the national border by Foreign Investors or in case of Myanmar Citizen Investors and has expected investment value exceeding USD1 million
· it is made across the States or Regions;
· it is made for primarily agricultural related purposes and includes rights to occupy or use more than 1000 acres of land
· it is made for primarily non-agricultural related purposes and includes rights to occupy or use more than 100 acres of land
|(b) large capital intensive investment projects||Investment is a large capital intensive investment if the expected investment value <b>exceeds USD 100 million</b>|
|(c) projects which are likely to have a large impact on the environment and the local community||Investment is taken to have a large potential impact on the environment and the local community if:
· it has been or is likely to be classified as an EIA Type Project (that is, the type of project prescribed under the Environmental Conservation Law, Rules and Environmental Impact Assessment Procedures)
· the investment is located under a designated protected or reserved area or major biodiversity area
· it includes rights to occupy or use land that causes or may cause social impact (such as the relocation of residents, involuntary restrictions on land use and access to natural resources by persons who have such rights)
|(d) investment businesses which use state-owned land and buildings||An investment is taken to use state-owned land and buildings if an authority has the land, building or relevant land rights and is authorised to transfer or deal in such land, building or rights in the capacity of an owner or occupier|
|(e) investment businesses which are designated by the government to require the submission of a proposal to the MIC||MIC may prescribe other forms of investment which require the investor to submit a proposal and acquire a permit|
We are a group of professional with multinational experiences. Join with TVP!!
TVP group (the "Group") is Myanmar local professional firm which provides Myanmar local companies and MNCs with the highest standard of financial advisory. Based on wide range of corporate network, the Group supports its clients for group structuring, valuation, M&A, Joint venture and research with a reasonable price.
2018 Trust Venture Partners Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved.